- BY Dr. Rajeev's Clinic
Molluscum Contagiosm is an infection caused by a POX VIRUS(Molluscum contagiosum virus). The result of the infection is usually a benign,mild skin disease characterized by lession that may appear anywhere on the body.
Causes of Molluscum Contagiosum-
- Direct skinto skin contact .
- Indirect contact via shared towels or other items.
- Auto inoculation into another siter by scratching or shaving.
- Sexual transmission in adults.
- Bumps on the skin.
- Round and flesh coloured.
- Raised Papules (spots) on the skin.
Risk factor for molluscum contagiousm-
- Children between the age of 1 to 1-0 yrs.
- Peopler who live in tropical climates.
- Person who is in contact with the skin to skin .
- Avoid sharing personal things.
Prevention from molluscum contagious-
- Practice effective hand washing with warm water and soap.
- Insruct Children in hand washing techniques.
- Avoid sexual contact if you have bumps in the genital area.
- Avoid picking at or touching area of the skin where the bumps are visible.
Homoeopathic Medicines are -
- Natrum Sulph 6x.
- Thuja .
- Merc sol.
- Kali iodatum.
- Natrum Mur.