- BY Dr. Rajeev's Clinic
It may be classified as either physiological and pathological.
Amenorhea is divided into 3 types-
- Primary amenorrhea-Absence of menarche.
Absence of menarche by age 14 without secondary sexual characteristics.
Absence of menarche by age 16 with secondary sexual characteristics.
- Secondary Amenorrhea- absence of menes in a previously mensturating woman.
Absence of menses for> 6 month or duration of 3 menstural cycles.
- Oligomenorrhea- Reduction in frequency of menses . Cycle lengths >35 ,but <6 months.
Causes Of Amenorrhea-
- A poor diet.
- An eating disorder.
- Lifestyle disorder.
- Poor nutrition.
- Chronic Illness.
- Breast feeding.
- Thyroid or pitutary gland problems.
Symptoms of Amenorrhoea-
- Vision Changes.
- Extra hair growth.
- Changes in breast size.
- Milky fluid or discharge from breasts.
Prevention for Amenorrhoea-
- Spice things up with ginger .
- Get your daily dose up with ginger.
- Eat Pineapple.
- Practice yoga.
- Take proper diet.
Diagnosis of Amenorrhoea-