It is a specific type of focal dystonia that affects our fingers, hand, or forearm. Focal dystonia of the hands is a neurologic movement disorder. The brain sends incorrect information to the muscles, causing involuntary, excessive muscle contractions.
In this the patient experiences uncontrolled, tiresome or tedious muscular contraction causes altered movements and abnormal position or attitudes of hands and fingers.This disease generally affects one body part.
It generally affects people between the ages of 30 to 50 years, but it can affects at any age group, both men and women are equally affected.
CAUSES OF WRITER'S CRAMP
The exact reason behind Writer's cramp is not well understood, yet. It was generally believed to be the result of excessive muscular or motor activity,may be complicated by a faulty.
In some cases it may be aggravated by some certain chemical exposure as well as in some cases hereditary tendency may be observed.
SIGN & SYMPTOMS OF WRITER'S CRAMP
The chief or main symptoms of Writer's cramp is
- Feeling of pain and uneasiness while using the hand or fingers for a long time.
- Difficulty feeling while writing or for other occupational purposes.
- Handwriting becomes changed, some times unreadable also, patients generally feels great difficulties due to the change in their signatures,
- There may be severe pain and uneasiness to write,type or during other occupational works.
- Excessive abnormal or faulty movement of the wrist or elbow.
- Difficulty in playing certain instruments, or may be in case of typists or in golfers.
HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE FOR WRITER'S CRAMP
MAGNESIUM PHOS : Useful for contraction in fingers while writing.There is feeling of tightness in fingers while writing with cramps.Usefull for contraction of fingers in musicians while playing musical instruments like the piano or the violin.There is Sharp, shooting, cramping or tearing pain in the hand and fingers which may also be felt along with muscle contraction.
GELSEMIUM : Useful for lack of muscle coordination in hands.There is weakness in hands which is increased by slightest exertion.There is also feeling of heaviness while writing.Mostly recommened for writer’s cramp in those cases where anxiety tends to worsen the symptoms of writer’s cramp.
SULPHURIC ACID : Useful for writer's cramp where there is jerking of the pen while writing.Given when patient experiences contraction of muscles in the fingers and hands while writing.
STANNUM MET : Usefull for typewriter’s paralysis when there is dropping of things from the hand due to muscle weakness.