Vitamin B12 is an important nutrient that helps your body keep your nerve cells and blood cells healthy. It also helps your body make DNA, the genetic material in all of your cells.
Adults need around 2.4 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin B12 a day, and people who are pregnant or breastfeeding need more.
- Vitamin B12 keeps the nervous system (brain, nerves and spinal cord) healthy. Vitamin B12 is generally found in:
- Dairy products
- Folate is important for pregnant women because it reduces the risk of birth defects in unborn babies.The best source of folate is green vegetables such as:
- Brussel sprouts
- Age –older age
- Gender –slightly more in women than men
- Family history –
- Autoimmune condition, such as Addison’s disease or vitiligo
- Diet- lack of vit b 12 rich food
- Pernicious anemia.
- Conditions affecting the stomach-, a gastrectomy ,
- Conditions affecting the intestines -For example, Crohn’s disease (a long-term condition that causes inflammation of the lining of the digestive system).
General physical symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss.
- Apthae ulcers
- Yellowish skin
- Altered sense of touch
- Disturbed vision
Diagnosis may require a complete blood count or peripheral blood smear based on patient history and physical examination.
1. Arsenic Album – To Manage Weakness, Tiredness
weakness in the night hours. Intense weakness is there in limbs that forces the person to lie down. They are also very anxious and restless, with a desire to move constantly. tingling sensation felt in the fingers. Weakness, numbness in the feet is yet another symptom calling its use.
2. Gelsemium –Exhaustion and Dizziness
exhaustion and dizziness. In cases requiring it dullness and drowsiness is also present. There is also a desire to lie down at all times. Dizziness may occur while walking confusion of mind, thinking difficulty and problem in concentration.
3. Kali Phos –Fatigue, Memory Weakness, Numbness, Prickling
low energy levels.weakness of memory, forgetfulness, dullness of mind. Other than these, it is also a significant medicine for managing irritability and depression. In such cases sadness, gloominess, is present. weariness of life, negative thoughts in mind and fear of death. Lastly, it works well when there is numbness or prickling sensation in the hands and feet.
4. Hypericum – For Tingling Sensation in Limbs
tingling and burning sensation in the limbs. Numbness in limbs may also be there in some cases.
5. Zincum Met – To Manage Numbness and Tingling
numbness and tingling sensation. formication sensation is felt in feet and legs. Muscle weakness in the limbs may also be present.
6. Picric Acid – For Managing Pin and Needle Sensation
pin and needle sensation in the limbs. Weakness and tiredness in the whole body especially in the limbs can also be present in cases needing it. include weakness of memory, forgetfulness and mental fatigue after doing least intellectual work.
7. Causticum – For Muscle Weakness and Problem with Balance and Coordination
marked action on the muscles. It is a top grade medicine to help cases in which muscle weakness is prominent. Another major indication for using it is the problem with balance and coordination that cause unsteady walking and easy falling. It also works well to manage numbness in the hands.
8. Sarcolacticum Acidum – For Extreme Fatigue, Prostration
managing fatigue, prostration. For using it the muscle weakness is present in the back, neck and shoulders. It may also be felt in limbs when climbing stairs. Lastly weakness is felt in arms as if it has no strength in them.
9. Merc Sol – To Manage Inflammation of Tongue and Mouth Ulcers
tongue inflammation. In such cases there is intense redness of tongue accompanied with pain. The pain is usually pricking in nature. Burning sensation can also occur with this.
Next, it is very effective for cases of mouth ulcers. The ulcers can occur on the tongue, gums, inside cheeks when it is needed. These are dirty looking with undefined borders. Excessive salivation, metallic taste in mouth and offensive breath are some general symptoms that can appear with above complaints.
10. Borax – For Managing Mouth Ulcers
the ulcers can be present inside of the cheek or tongue. The ulcers are painful and tender. They also tend to bleed easily. Excessive heat and dryness of mouth can be felt along with these features.