Systemic capillary leak syndrome is a rare disorder characterized by repeated flares of massive leakage of plasma from blood vessels into neighboring body cavities and muscles. This results in a sharp drop in blood pressure that, if not treated, can lead to organ failure and death.
Also called Clarkson's disease, this condition can be mistaken for severe reactions to widespread infections (septic shock) or severe allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock). Attacks may be triggered by an upper respiratory infection or intense physical exertion. The frequency of attacks can range from several a year to a single instance in a lifetime.
Attacks of systemic capillary leak syndrome are often preceded by one to two days of one or more nonspecific symptoms that may include: -
As the fluid leaks out from the bloodstream, blood volume and blood pressure drop. This can starve tissues in the kidneys, brain and liver of the oxygen and nutrients they need for normal function.
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR SYSTEMIC CAPILLARY LEAK SYNDROME: -
1) Carbo Veg: - this remedy relieves gas and bloating in stomach, with Belching.
2) Lycopodium: - well suited to people with food intolerances. The pains are worse from in evening typically from 4 to 8 p.m. and relieved by passing flatus.
3) Colocynthis: - this remedy has terrible stomach cramps better by doubling up and may be worse from anger or indignation. Pains are short, sharp, lancinating.
4) Nux vomica: - there are severe stomach cramps and acid reflux that are aggravated by mental exertion. Hiccough, Belching, fullness and indigestion are worse from coffee, spicy foods and smoking.
5) Argentum nitricum:- there is lot of flatulence with forceful belching. There is nausea and indigestion associated with nerves or anxiety, especially when anticipating a stressful event