Most people urinate about 4 to 6 times a day, mostly in the daytime. Normally, adults pass between 700 Ml and 3 quarts (3 liters) of urine a day.
Excessive urination can refer to
- increased volume of urine (polyuria)
- normal volume of urine with the need to go more often (urinary frequency)
Some of the causes of increased urine volume differ from those of too-frequent urination. However, because many people who produce excessive amounts of urine also need to urinate frequently.
- Bladder infections (the most common cause in women and children)
- Urinary incontinence
- Noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia—the most common cause in men over 50)
- Stones in the urinary tract
The most common causes of polyuria in both adults and children are
- Uncontrolled diabetes mellitus (most common)
- Drinking too much fluid (polydipsia)
- Diabetes insipidus- Diabetes insipidus causes polyuria because of problems with a hormone called antidiuretic hormone (or vasopressin). Antidiuretic hormone helps the kidneys reabsorb fluid.
- Urinalysis and urine culture
- BLOOD FOR PSA LEVEL,SUGAR LEVEL
Kreosotum – patient needs to hurry to urinate whenever the urge arises. The frequency of urination is also high. Usually, urine is also highly offensive. Kreosotum is also used in cases where there is involuntary urination on lying down or on coughing.
Lycopodium Clavatum - quantity of urine in such cases is also very high. There is a feeling of bearing down on the bladder region along with the need to wake up at night because of the urge to urinate. Stitching pain in the bladder is also present in some cases.
Merc Sol – frequent urination during the day and at night. Every time the urge to urinate arises, the person has to hurry. Any delay causes the urine to leak involuntarily. The urine flow may be scanty or profuse. In some cases, there is a feeling of soreness in the bladder.
Causticum – it occurs at night or if the patient is walking. Causticum also helps in strengthening the bladder sphincter and in controlling urinary incontinence.
Equisetum Hyemale- is useful when there is a constant feeling of fullness in the urinary bladder. The person passes a large quantity of urine very often, but the fullness is not relieved. Sometimes urine is passed involuntarily both in the day and at night.
Few other remedies are as followed :
Cantharis, Belladonna, Nux Vomica, Berberis Vulgaris, Sarsaparilla, Borax,