LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASES
Lysosomal storage diseases (LSDs) cause a toxic buildup that damages your body’s cells and organs. Researchers have found more than 70 types of LSDs. Providers usually diagnose LSDs during pregnancy or infancy. Diagnosis includes blood and urine tests. Treatments include enzyme replacement therapy, stem cell transplants and medications.
CAUSES LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASES
Lysosomal storage diseases are inherited metabolic disorders. Most LSDs are autosomal recessive disorders. You must inherit a changed (mutated) gene from each parent for you to develop an LSD. Your parents carry these gene mutations, but they don’t have a lysosomal storage disease.
When both of your parents have a mutated gene, you have a:
- 1 in 4 chance of not having the mutated gene (no risk of an LSD).
- 1 in 4 chance of developing an LSD.
- 1 in 2 chance of being a carrier who doesn’t develop an LSD.
In some conditions, only one parent may carry this gene mutation (X-linked inheritance). Three LSDs have X-linked inheritance:
- Danon disease.
- Fabry disease.
- Hunter syndrome.
Lysosomal storage diseases may also get triggered by:
- The interaction between the byproducts of metabolism (free radicals) and your body (oxidative stress).
SYMPTOMS OF LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASES
Symptoms of lysosomal storage disease vary based on the:
- Cells or organs impacted by the LSD.
- Type of LSD.
Symptoms commonly found in many types of lysosomal storage disorders include:
- Abnormally large organs in your abdomen (visceromegaly) like your kidneys, liver, pancreas, spleen or stomach.
- Changes to your skeletal muscle.
- Coarse facial features like a bulging forehead, flat nose and large lips.
- Developmental delay that worsens over time.
Homoeopathy today is a rapidly growing system and is being practiced all over the world. It strength lies in its evident effectiveness as it takes a holistic approach towards the sick individual through promotion of inner balance at mental, emotional, spiritual and physical levels. When is concerned there are many effective medicines available in Homoeopathy , but the selection depends upon the individuality of the patient , considering mental and physical symptoms
Few homoeopathic medicine can be thought of in the treatment of Lysosomal storage diseases are:
ceonathus, cardus mar., chelidonium, lycopodium, nux vom., etc.