Hydronephrosis is a condition where excess urine builds up in the kidney due to obstruction or blockage of bladder.
In adults, hydronephrosis is commonly caused by:
- kidney stones
- pregnancy (maternal hydronephrosis)
- an enlarged prostate gland in men
- narrowing of the ureters (the tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder) caused by injury, infection or surgery
- some types of cancer, including kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer or ovarian cancer
- pain in your back or side – this may be sudden and severe, or may be a dull ache that comes and goes over time; it may get worse after you have drunk a lot of fluid
- symptoms of a UTI, such as needing to pee more often, pain or a burning sensation while peeing, and feeling tired and unwell
- blood in your urine
- urinating less often than you used to or with a weak stream
Pareira brava –renal colic pain going down thighs constant urging great strining pain in the thighs during effort to urinate can pass urine only when he goes on his knees pressing hard firmly on the floor.
Colocynthis – tenermus of bladder, pains on urinating over whole abdomen agonizing cutting pain in abdomen causing patient to bend double and pressing on the abdomen. sensitive in the calves cutting I abdomen <anger and indignation> doubling up hard pressure
Berberis vulgaris —main remedy for renal colic especially when the pain is on the left side and extends from kidneys to urethra, with urging to urinate. Here the pain is found on the left side of renal region There is stitching, cutting pain from left kidney following course of ureter into bladder & urethra. Burning & soreness in region of kidneys. Pain in small of back, very sensitive to touch in renal region <when sitting & lying, from jar, fatigue. Numbness, stiffness & lameness with painful pressure in renal & lumbar regions. Bubbling sensation in kidneys. Urine greenish, blood red, with thick, slimy mucus, transparent, reddish or jelly like sediment
Cantharis --Constant urging to urinate, passing but a few drops at a time, which is mixed with blood. Intolerable urging before, during & after urination. Violent paroxysms of cutting & burning in whole renal region. Violent tenesmus & strangury. Drinking even small quantities of water increases pain in bladder.