Fox-Fordyce Disease is due to retention of apocrine sweat gland leading to inflammatory changes, rupture and plugging of the apocrine gland ducts. Fordyce spots often appear on the vermilion border of the lips - the sharp change between the red colored part of the lip and the normal skin of the face next to it; they can also be found on the foreskin of the male parts (called Tyson's glands). It Occurs mainly in women after puberty.
The spots are enlarged oil glands. They are completely normal, harmless, and painless. They occur in 70 to 80 percent of adults. Oil glands, called sebaceous glands, are usually associated with hair follicles. But Fordyce spots appear on your skin where no hair is attached. They usually develop as isolated or scattered bumps, but sometimes they cluster together.
- Fordyce spots tend to be about 1 to 3 millimeters (.04 to .12 inches) in diameter. They’re usually light yellow or flesh-colored. If they develop in your genital area, they can be a reddish color. Stretching out the surrounding skin makes the spots more visible.
- In the early stage the patient complains of itching which may be severe in the axillae, anogenital region and around the breasts.
- Later on, skin colored or slightly pigmented dome shaped follicular papules develop at all or a few of the sites of itching.
- Itching is usually provoked by all those emotional stimuli which normally produce apocrine secretion.
- Course of the disease is usually chronic and persists till menopause. However, remission may occur in pregnancy.
Homoeopathic Treatment:-It is possible to cure Fordyce spots naturally and without side effects by homoeopathic medicine Homoeopathy is based on the natural principles of healing and curing it from its root. Homoeopathy cures Fordyce spots without side effects. It is 100% safe, non-toxic and absolutely harmless. It prevents re-occurrence and does not alter the tendency to Fordyce spot formation. Although the total time period of treatment varies from person to person depending upon the number, size, site and duration of Fordyce spots. Usually it takes 2-3 months to cure completely.
COCCULUS: It shows a special, attraction for light-haired females, especially during pregnancy, causing much nausea and backache. Unmarried and childless women, sensitive and romantic girls, etc. All its symptoms are worse riding in a carriage or on shipboard; hence its use in seasickness. Sensation of hollowness, or emptiness, as if parts had gone to sleep. Feels too weak to talk loud.
PHOSPHORUS: Tall, slender persons, narrow chested, with thin, transparent skin, weakened by loss of animal fluids, with great nervous debility, emaciation, amative tendencies, seem to be under the special influence of Phosphorus. Little ulcer outside of large ones.
PULSATILLA: The disposition and mental state are the chief guiding symptoms to the selection of Pulsatilla. It is pre-eminently a female remedy, especially for mild, gentle, yielding disposition. Sad, crying readily; weeps when talking; changeable, contradictory. The patient seeks the open air; always feels better there, even though he is chilly. Mucous membranes are all affected.