BORDERLINE EPITHELIAL TUMORS OF THE OVARY
Borderline malignant epithelial tumors have got some but not all the features of malignancy. They are of low malignant potential. The characteristic features are:
- They constitute 10–20% of all epithelial tumors of the ovary.
- These tumors are intermediate in position between benign and the malignant in term of histology and prognosis.
- Formation of microscopic papillary projections.
- There is stratification of epithelial cells of the papillae.
- There is epithelial cell pleomorphism.
- Presence of papillary projection on the external surface.
- Detachment of cellular clusters from the sites of origin.
- Increased cellular mitotic activity.
- Presence of nuclear atypia of varying degrees.
- No invasion of ovarian stroma.
- Generally, found in the younger age group and carry good prognosis.
HOMOEOPATHIC MANAGEMENT OF BORDERLINE EPITHELIAL TUMOURS: -
The medicines that can be thought of use are:-
- Apis Mel