ANGER MANAGEMENT WITH THE HELP OF HOMOEOPATHY
Anger is one of the basic human emotions, as elemental as happiness, sadness, anxiety, or disgust.
Everyone knows the feeling. It's that rage that rises when a driver is cut off on the highway or an employee is demeaned by his boss. People have trouble managing anger and other negative emotions. However, unleashing anger doesn’t produce the sense of catharsis people crave—it tends to feed on itself instead. The best path forward may be to understand anger—its roots, its triggers, its consequences—and cultivate the ability to manage it.
Anger has various types. Major among these are as follows:
- Verbal anger –In this type of anger, the person expresses anger in words.
- Passive anger –People with this type of anger are never direct about expressing their anger. Instead, they use tools such as sarcasm (sharp, bitter remarks) to show their feelings.
- Self-inflicted anger –People prone to this type of anger tend to harm or punish themselves for some wrong they believe they have done. Such persons may start to eat too much or too little or show self-destructive behavior.
- Sudden anger –Such persons lose their temper quickly, but get out of the angry frame of mind just as fast.
- Overwhelmed anger –This type of anger appears when a person is unable to cope with the circumstances or situations taking place around them anymore. This type of anger is mostly expressed by shouting.
- Chronic anger –Chronic anger is prolonged anger and is often linked with depression.
YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR ANGER BY FOLLOWING FEW STEPS:
1. Sleep: Sleep deprivation makes it harder to control angry impulses, so regular, healthy sleep can prevent you from being provoked.
- Consider alternative interpretations: And ask yourself what evidence you have to support your angering interpretation. Consider different perspectives.
- Take deep breaths: Take long, slow, deep breaths, using the diaphragm rather than the chest.
- Avoid the “catharsis myth”: Venting anger, acting with aggression, and viewing aggressive content does not tend to release anger effectively
- Know that it’s ok to get mad: If you have been wronged, treated unfairly, or provoked, you should get angry, but express it assertively instead of aggressively.
HOW TO HANDLE PERSONS WHO ARE IN ANGER?
Different expressions of anger will elicit different responses, but a few tips can help deal with angry people who are verbally aggressive, insulting, or even threatening:
- Ask yourself if the anger is justified. There may be something you can do to help resolve the situation.
- Stay calm. Avoid yelling, swearing, or raising your voice, which may exacerbate the situation. Speak slowly and directly, and keep your voice calm and soft.
- Avoid character assaults. The middle of an angry exchange isn’t the time to discuss larger problems.
- Know when to disengage. If the possibility of a positive resolution is unlikely, you may want to end the conversation or walk away.
- Stay safe. An angry person is not necessarily a violent person. Still, if you feel that you are in danger, exit the situation immediately.
Mental Health Conditions And Anger
Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED)
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
Conduct Disorder (CD)
Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
Nux Vomica – It is the best choice of Homeopathic medicine for persons who get offended easily and will become angry over non-issues. They are averse to conversation and could be offended by the most harmless words. They turn violent and abusive during anger episodes. Other features of their constitution include a strong will, fault finding nature, ambition and workaholism. Nux Vomica is also recommended for persons who develop an angry disposition after loss in business.
Staphysagria – Staphysagria is one of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for anger, especially where the person has long suppressed anger and is now given to violent outbursts. There are periods of suppression, followed by periods of angry outbursts in persons who need Homeopathic medicine Staphysagria. Such persons may throw or break things during their anger outbursts. Some history of mental/physical abuse, humiliation can usually be traced to persons who need Staphysagria.
Aurum Met - Aurum Met is another excellent Homeopathic prescription for anger control and management. The persons who will benefit most from this medicine are the ones who get angry over the slightest contradiction. Such persons are sensitive to contradiction which leads to a sudden, explosive outburst from them. In addition to this, such persons may be melancholic in nature, suffer lack of self-worth and a very low self-esteem. Hopelessness and self reproaching behavior is also observed. Aurum Met is also the best among Homeopathic medicines for anger linked with chronic depression. Suicidal thoughts may prevail in persons in whom Aurum Met will show best recovery.
Tarentula Hispanica –In cases where anger is attended with destructive behaviour, Tarentula Hispanica is one of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for anger control and management. There is a tendency to throw things when angry. Such persons tend to strike themselves or others in anger. Impatience, obstinacy and high levels of irritability are other traits to look out for in persons for whom Tarentula Hispanica will be the most suitable choice among Homeopathic medicines for anger. Such people may be impulse, lack emotional control and be excessively restless as well.
Chamomilla - Chamomilla is one of the most highly rated Homeopathic medicines for anger when it is seen in children. The child who needs Chamomilla is very irritable and loses temper easily. The child may also be obstinate, fretful and restless. The children, in such cases, want many things at the same time and get cross and angry if their demands are not met. They get snappish when angry and will not talk in a civil manner.