Men and women of any age can experience painful urination. It is more common in women. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are commonly associated with dysuria. UTIs occur in more women than men.
Other people at a higher risk of dysuria include:
- Pregnant women.
- Men and women with diabetes.
- Men and women with any type of disease of the bladder
SYMPTOMS OF DYSUREA
Symptoms of painful urination can vary between men and women, but common symptoms are
- Burning, stinging or itching.
- Pain before or after urination.
- Pain at initiation of urination.
CAUSES OF DYSUREA
A number of conditions can cause painful urination (dysuria).
In women, Urinary tract infections, In men,
Urethritis and certain prostate conditions are frequent causes of painful urination.
Medical conditions and external factors that can cause painful urination include:
- Bladder stones
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Cystitis (bladder inflammation)
- Drugs, such as those used in cancer treatment, that have bladder irritation as a side effect
- Genital herpes
- Having a recent urinary tract procedure performed, including use of urologic instruments for testing or treatment
- Kidney infection (pyelonephritis)
- Kidney stones
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Soaps, perfumes and other personal care products
- Urethral stricture (narrowing of the urethra)
- Urethritis (infection of the urethra)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Yeast infection (vaginal)
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE FOR DYSUREA
Cantharis : Very effective medicine for dysuria with violent burning, scalding, and cutting pain in urethra experienced before, during and after urination. There is intense burning that the patient cries and screams in pain. There is also a constant urge to urinate.Most recommended medicines for dysuria which is arising from urinary tract infection.Very helpful where there is intense burning as the urine passes in drops.
Apis Mellifica : Useful medicine for dysuria where there is stinging pain in the urethra . There is scanty urine which may include casts.Given when the last drops of urine passed cause excessive burning and smarting. There is also irritation in the neck of the bladder.There is tenesmus during and after urination may also be present.
Sarsaparilla : Extremely effective medicine for dysuria when there is severe pain in the urethra at the end of urination which may extend to the abdomen. There is feeble and thin urine. There are gravel and red or gray sand present in the urine.Most recommended medicines for dysuria from renal calculus.
Chimaphila : Very effective medicine for dysuria when accompanied by stringy, mucopurulent sediments in the urine.There is turbid and offensive urine. Recommended to that patient who need to strain before the urine starts to flow. There is a burning sensation while urinating.Also useful for fullness in the bladder with constant desire to pass urine.
Uva Ursi : Highly recommended medicine for painful urination when the urine contains pus and blood. There is burning and tearing pain in the urethra with frequent urination.There is green colored urine which emit a strong, pungent odor.Very effective medicine to treats dysuria from pyelitis
Borax : Useful for dysuria in children when child screams in pain before urinating. There may be red sand in the urine.
Sarsaparilla : Useful for dysurea in cases where the child cries before and while passing urine.
RL - 74