Dyshidrotic eczema is a condition where a tiny, fluid-filled blisters appear on the skin, especially in the palm and fingers.
Several things can set off dyshidrotic eczema, including:
- Contact with metals like nickel, cobalt, or chromium salts on your job, or from things like costume jewelry
- Sweaty or wet hands and feet
- Warm, humid weather
- HIV infection
- Certain treatments for a weak immune system (immunoglobulin)
- Seasonal allergies
The small, itchy blisters are the most noticeable sign of dyshidrotic eczema. These usually pop up in clusters. You may also have:
- Itching or a burning pain before blisters appear
- Blisters on the edges of your fingers, toes, palms, and soles of your feet
- Red, cracked skin
- Sweaty skin around the blisters
- Nails that thicken and change colors
- Wash your hands and feet every day. Use lukewarm water and a mild, scent-free soap. Afterward, gently pat your skin dry.
- Take your rings off before you wash your hands. Moisture can get trapped under your rings and cause more blisters.
- Wear gloves with cotton liners whenever your hands are in water, like when you wash dishes.
- Put a thick moisturizer on your hands and feet every time you shower or wash. Rub it on while your skin is still wet to seal in water. You also might use a cream that has dimethicone to protect your skin.
- Turn on a humidifier in dry weather to keep your skin from cracking.
- If allergies set off your eczema, try to stay away from things that trigger them.
- Don't scratch the blisters. You'll make them worse.
ARSENIC: - Its general symptoms often alone lead to its successful application. Among these the all-prevailing debility, exhaustion, and restlessness, with nightly aggravation, are most important. Great exhaustion after the slightest exertion. This, with the peculiar irritability of fiber, gives the characteristic irritable weakness. Burning pains. Unquenchable thirst. Burning relieved by heat. Seaside complaints. Injurious effects of fruits, especially more watery ones. Gives quiet and ease to the last moments of life when given in high potency. Itching, burning, swellings; Edema, eruption, popular, dry, rough, scaly; worse cold and scratching.
ANTIM CRUD: -For homeopathic employment, the mental symptoms and those of the gastric sphere, determine its choice. Excessive irritability and fretfulness, together with a thickly-coated white tongue, are true guiding symptoms to many forms of disease calling for this remedy. All the conditions are aggravated by heat and cold bathing. Cannot bear heat of sun. Tendency to grow fat. An absence of pain, where it could be expected, is noticeable. Eczema with gastric derangements. Pimples, vesicles, and pustules. Sensitive to cold bathing. Thick, hard, honey-colored scabs. Itching when warm in bed. Dry skin. Scaly, pustular eruption with burning and itching, worse at night.
BORAX VENETA: Gastro-intestinal irritation. Dread of downward motion in nearly all complaints. Itching on back of finger-joints. Unhealthy skin; slight injuries suppurate. Trade eruptions on fingers and hands, itching and stinging.
GRAPHITES: Like all the carbons, this remedy is an anti-psoric of great power, but especially active in patients who are rather stout, of fair complexion, with tendency to skin affections and constipation, fat, chilly, and costive, with delayed menstrual history, take cold easily. Children impudent, teasing, laugh at reprimands. Has a particular tendency to develop the skin phase of internal disorders Rough, hard, persistent dryness of portions of skin unaffected by eczema. Unhealthy skin; every little injury suppurates. Ulcers discharging a glutinous fluid, thin and sticky.
PETROLEUM: Very marked skin symptoms, acting on sweat and oil glands; Ailments are worse during the winter season. Ailments from riding in cars, carriages, or ships; lingering gastric and lung troubles; chronic diarrhśa. Long-lasting complaints follow mental states-fright, vexation, etc. Thick, greenish crusts, burning and itching; redness, raw; cracks bleed easily. Eczema.