Shellfish allergies are the most common adult-onset food allergies.
Shellfish allergy is an reaction by the body's immune system to proteins in certain marine animals. Such as shrimp, crabs, lobster, squid, oysters, snails.
- Itchy, irritated skin
- Nasal stuffiness (congestion)
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue and throat, or other parts of the body
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Coughing and choking or a tight feeling in the throat
- Belly (abdominal) pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting
if you have shellfish allergy, the only way to avoid an allergic reaction is to avoid all shellfish and products that contain shellfish.
Diagnosis: Clinical examination,history is very important. Skin prick test, Blood test,IgE test.
Few homoeopathic medicines which can help in this cases are as colch, graph, phos, zinc,nat mur. Though you need proper constitutional treatment for it .