Dental caries,is also referred as tooth decay or cavities.It is one of the most common and widespread persistent diseases today and is also one of the most preventable. When we eat certain foods,bacteria on our teeth breaks them down and produces acids that have the ability to seriously damage the hard tissues of our tooth. The result is the formation of dental caries (cavities).
CAUSES OF DENTAL CARIES
- Too many sugary or acidic foods and drinks
- Poor oral hygiene routine, such as failing to brush or floss daily
- Not getting enough fluoride
- Dry mouth
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia
- acid reflux disease, which can result in stomach acid wearing down your tooth enamel
SYMPTOMS OF DENTAL CARIES
- Small Holes
- Pits in the Affected Tooth
- Consistent Toothache
PREVENTION OF DENTAL CARIES
1.Regular dental checkups in order to identify pre-existing conditions before they lead to more serious issues down
- Brush your teeth at least twice per day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once daily, as recommended by the American Dental Association.
- Eat fewer sugary and acidic foods, like sweets, candy, juice, soda, and refined carbohydrates.
- Limit snacking between meals.
- Consider getting dental sealants on our teeth.
A few recommendations a dentist might make include:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes using fluoride rinse, paste, or gel. We recommend, Crest Pro-Health productswhich includes fluoride to help reduce the production of acid that can damage your teeth.
HOMEOOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR DENTAL CARIES :
Acid flour, Staphysagria, Kreosote, Hekla lava