Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex.
It’s sometimes referred to as impotence, although this term is now used less often.
SYMPTOMS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
CAUSES OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Likewise, stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction.For instance, a minor physical condition that slows sexual response might cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
PHYSICAL CAUSE OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Common causes include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie's disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Low testosterone
PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSE OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. A number of things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions
- Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
As one get older, erections might take longer to develop and might not be as firm.One might need more direct touch to their penis to get and keep an erection.
Various risk factors can contribute to erectile dysfunction, including:
- Medical conditions- particularly diabetes or heart conditions
- Tobacco use- which restricts blood flow to veins and arteries can over time cause chronic health conditions that lead to erectile dysfunction
- Being overweight-Especially if one is obese
- Certain medical treatments- such as prostate surgery or radiation treatment for cancer
- Injuries- Particularly if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections
- Medications- Including antidepressants, antihistamines and medications to treat high blood pressure, pain or prostate conditions
- Psychological conditions-such as stress, anxiety or depression
- Drug and alcohol use-especially if one is a long-term drug user or heavy drinker
COMPLICATIONS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Complications resulting from erectile dysfunction can include:
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- Stress or anxiety
- Embarrassment or low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- The inability to get your partner pregnant
PREVENTION OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
The best way to prevent erectile dysfunction is to make healthy lifestyle choices and to manage any existing health conditions. For example:
- Manage diabetes, heart disease or other chronic health conditions.
- Have regular checkups and medical screening tests.
- Stop smoking, limit or avoid alcohol.
- Take steps to reduce stress.
- Get help for anxiety, depression or other mental health concerns.
HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
NUX VOMICA : Mostly recommended for young, hard-working executives who are not able to function adequately in the bed.Useful when erectile dysfunction is due to stress,work,deadlines,stress of achieving targets,irregular sleep and food pattern, lack of exercise, alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc.
CALADIUM : Useful for erectile dysfunction when person may have complete failure in sexual relation.There is afeeing that they may not get an erection at all or the erection would not not last for over a minute. There is coldness of genital.There is lack of erection or early ejaculation.Mostly recommended for smoker.
AGNUS CASTUS : Useful for erectile dysfunction who is melancholy.There is premature aging.Useful for lack of sexual desire.Given when erectile dysfunction caused by Low testesterone.There is flaccid genitals with low sex drive
Useful for erectile dysfunction when sexual desire is present but there is ability is weak,fatigue.Also useful fpor involuntary ejaculation.