Premature Ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. Premature ejaculation is a common sexual complaint. Estimates vary,but as many as 1 out of 3 men say they experience this problem at some time.
- Always or nearly always ejaculate within one minute of penetration
- Are unable to delay ejaculation during intercourse all or nearly all of the time
- Feel distressed and frustrated, and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result
Both psychological and biological factors can play a role in premature ejaculation. Although many men feel embarrassed talking about it,premature ejaculation is a common and treatable condition. Medications, counseling and sexual techniques that delay ejaculation or a combination of these can help improve sex for both the partner.
SYMPTOMS OF PREMATURE EJACULATION
The main symptom of premature ejaculation is the inability to delay ejaculation for more than one minute after penetration. However, the problem might occur in all sexual situations, even during masturbation.
CAUSES OF PREMATURE EJACULATION
The exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known. While it was once thought to be only psychological, doctors now know premature ejaculation involves a complex interaction of psychological and biological factors.
Psychological factors that might play a role include:
- Early sexual experiences
- Sexual abuse
- Poor body image
- Worrying about premature ejaculation
- Guilty feelings that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
Other factors that can play a role include:
- Erectile dysfunction-Men who are anxious about obtaining or maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse might form a pattern of rushing to ejaculate, which can be difficult to change.
- Anxiety- Many men with premature ejaculation also have problems with anxiety either specifically about sexual performance or related to other issues.
- Relationship problems.-If one have had satisfying sexual relationships with other partners in which premature ejaculation happened infrequently or not at all.It is possible that interpersonal issues between you and your current partner are contributing to the problem.
COMPLICATION OF PREMATURE EJACULATION
Premature ejaculation can cause problems in our personal life, including:
- Stress and relationship problems- A common complication of premature ejaculation is relationship stress.
- Fertility problems-Premature ejaculation can occasionally make fertilization difficult for couples who are trying to have a baby if ejaculation doesn't occur intravaginally.
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE FOR PREMATURE EJACULATION
GRAPHITES-Usefull when there is aversion to coition and great sexual exhaustion.
STAPHYSAGRIA-Useful for early ejaculation with backache and severe prostration.
SELENIUM-Useful for early ejaculation with sexual neurasthenia.Given for weak and odourless semen.
AGNUS CASTUS-Very useful for early ejaculation with loss of desire and no erections.