It is a common yeast infection that affects most women at some point.It may be unpleasant and uncomfortable, but can usually be treated with medicationck.
SYMPTOMS OF VAGINAL THRUSH
Typical symptoms of vaginal thrush include:
- Itching and soreness around the entrance of the vagina (itchy labia)
- Vaginal discharge – this is usually odorless and may be thick and white or thin and watery
- Pain during sex, which may make you worry about having sex
- Stinging sensation when peeing
Sometimes the skin around the vagina can be red, swollen or cracked. Occasionally there may also be sores on the skin, although this is more often a sign of genital herpes.
CAUSES OF VAGINAL THRUSH
Vaginal thrush is caused by yeasts from a group of fungi called Candida.
Many women have Candida in their vagina without it causing any problems, but thrush can develop if the natural balance of micro-organisms in the vagina is disrupted and Candida multiplies.
One are more likely to get thrush if they
- Are in their twenties and thirties – thrush is less common in girls who have not started their periods and women who have been through the menopause
- Have sex when they are not fully aroused -This can lead to vaginal dryness and tightness during sex, which can trigger thrush
- Take antibiotics
- Have poorly controlled diabetes
- Have a weakened immune system – for example, because of a condition such as HIVor a treatment such as chemotherapy
PREVENTION OF VAGINAL THRUSH
- Use water to clean the vulva more than once a day.
- Avoid potential irritants in perfumed soaps, shower gels, vaginal deodorants, wipes and douches
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting underwear or tights – some women find that special silk underwear designed for people with eczema and thrush is helpful
- Ensure blood sugar level is kept under control, if one have diabetes
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE OF VAGINAL THRUSH
Useful in vaginal thrush where there is a white vaginal discharge. Suited to women who complain of itchiness that is not resolved by scratching, soreness and swelling of the labia minora, vulva and vagina.There is heat in the genital area and excoriation of the vulva.
Very useful where the discharge worsens after passing urine or where the discharge is accompanied by burning and itchiness is the genitals .Also suited to woman who may find her symptoms worsening before and after periods and may notice swelling and redness of the vulva and vagina.
Useful for vaginal thrush that is characterised by a creamy vaginal discharge which is usually also accompanied by burning and itchiness in the genital area and experienced throughout the month.Also there is complain of a backache and may experience an absence of thirst along with the desire for cool air.
Useful for vaginal thrush accompanied by excessive soreness and ulcers in the vulva and vagina. Recommended in cases where there is excessive discomfort in the form of burning sensations in the vulva and vagina.
It is helpful in cases where there is stitching pain.There is a complain of irritation in the genital area.Useful for white vaginal discharge may also leave behind a yellow stain
Useful for vaginal thrush with curd-like deposit in the vulva. There is complain of inflammation and redness of the genital area along with sensations of heat and burning.There is backache, weakness and prostration.