It is the rarest variety of tubal pregnancy.
Because of the thick and vascular musculature of the Uterine wall with greater dispensability, the foetus grows dissecting the muscle fibres for a longer period (12-14weeks) before termination occurs.
The usual termination is rupture.
It is associated with massive intraperitoneal hemorrhage due to its combined vascularization by the uterine and Ovarian arteries.
On rare occasions abortion occurs through the uterine cavity.
- light vaginal bleeding and pelvic pain.
- if blood leaks from Fallopian tube there me shoulder pain or an urge to have a bowel movement.
Interstitial ectopic pregnancy is associated with a higher risk of shock and hemoperitoneum, as well as with a higher risk of maternal mortality due to delayed diagnosis and high vascularity of Myometrium.
DIAGNOSIS: - the diagnosis before rupture is very difficult.
Asymmetrical enlargement of the uterus specially detected during active contraction is a conspicuous finding.
It is usually confused with lateral flexion of gravid uterus, pregnancy associated with fibroid or pregnancy in Bicornuate uterus or with angular pregnancy.
Beta HCG, high resolution sonography and laparoscopy can lead to early diagnosis.
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR MANAGING INTERSTITIAL PREGNANCY: -
1) Aconite: This remedy calms extreme anxiety which is common in pregnancy.
2) Arnica: - This remedy heals the soft tissue damage and reduces swelling and bruising caused during the birth.
3) Bellis per: - This remedy is useful when Arnica does not alleviate discomfort and it is considered to work effectively for sores and bruises, easing Pelvic pain or abdominal tissue damage.
4) Caulophyllum: - This remedy helps to tone up and strengthen the uterus and prepares the cervix for birth. It is also used to induce contractions during child birth.
5) Sabina: - Uterine pains extending to the thighs. Threatened miscarriage. Leucorrhoea after menses, corrosive, offensive. Discharge of blood between the periods, with sexual excitement. Retained placenta, intense after pains. Menorrhagia in women who aborted readily. Inflammation of Ovaries and Uterus after Abortion. Promotes expulsion of moles from Uterus.