Sometimes we want sex, sometimes we do not which is normal. Every woman has her own level of what is considered “normal” based on their own experiences and biological drive. But when a woman has a low libido or low sexual desire and is bothered by this lack of interest in sex, she may have a condition called hypoactive sexual desire disorder or sexual desire disorder
SYMPTOMS OF HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER
If one want to have sex less often than their partner does, neither one of her is necessarily outside the norm for people at their stage in life ,although their differences may cause distress.
Similarly, even if one sex drive is weaker than it once was, their relationship may be stronger than ever.
Bottom line: There is no magic number to define low sex drive. It varies among women.
Symptoms of low sex desire in women include:
- Having no interest in any type of sexual activity, including masturbation
- Never or only seldom having sexual fantasies or thoughts
- Being concerned by their lack of sexual activity or fantasies
CAUSES OF HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER
Desire for sex is based on a complex interaction of many things affecting intimacy, including physical and emotional well-being, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle, and current relationship. If one experiencing a problem in any of these areas, it can affect their desire for sex.
A wide range of illnesses, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including:
- Sexual problems-If there is pain during sex or can not orgasm, it can reduce the desire for sex.
- Medical diseases-Many nonsexual diseases can affect sex desire, including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases.
- Medications-Certain prescription drugs, especially antidepressants
- Lifestyle habits-Too much alcohol can affect the sex desire. smoking decreases blood flow, which may dull arousal.
- Surgery-Any surgery related to breasts or genital tract can affect the body image, sexual function and desire for sex.
- Fatigue- Exhaustion from caring for young children or aging parents can contribute to low sex drive. Fatigue from illness or surgery also can play a role in a low sex drive.
Changes in hormone levels may alter desire for sex. This can occur during:
- Menopause-Estrogen levels drop during the transition to menopause. This can make less interested in sex and cause dry vaginal tissues, resulting in painful or uncomfortable sex. Although many women still have satisfying sex during menopause and beyond, some experience a lagging libido during this hormonal change.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding- Hormone changes during pregnancy, just after having a baby and during breast-feeding can put a damper on sex drive. Fatigue, changes in body image, and the pressures of pregnancy or caring for a new baby also can contribute to changes in your sexual desire.
State of mind can affect sexual desire. There are many psychological causes of low sex drive, including:
- Mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression
- Stress, such as financial stress or work stress
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- History of physical or sexual abuse
- Previous negative sexual experiences
For many women, emotional closeness is an essential prelude to sexual intimacy. So problems in ones relationship can be a major factor in low sex desire. Decreased interest in sex is often a result of ongoing issues, such as:
- Lack of connection with partner
- Unresolved conflicts or fights
- Poor communication of sexual needs and preferences
- Trust issues
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT OF HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER
When hypoactive sexual desire is concerned there are many effective medicines available in Homoeopathy , but the selection depends upon the individuality of the patient , considering mental and physical symptoms.
Suited to woman who is highly irritable , sensitive, and angry, easily offended and miserable due to weak uterine problems.There is Low sex drive due to the relaxation of pelvic muscles, and there is a bearing down sensation as if everything would escape through the vagina. There is aversion to coition due to prolapsed of uterus and vagina wall. There is Frigidity from childbirth after weaning or hormone pills.There is nausea and irritability on thought of sex. There is great weakness after sex. There is aversion to whom she loved best and other family members.
Useful when sexual desire almost absent. There is sexual thrill absent due to excessive masturbation with aversion to sex.There is relaxation of genitals with leucorrhea. There is great sadness , depression and sexual melancholy.There is diminished sexual desire with complete prostration and general debility.
Suitable to listless , apathetic and indifferent woman .Given when sexual desire absent due to pain during coition. There is cutting, stitching pains during coition.Useful for vagina very sensitive, pinching constriction in mons veneris,contraction and tenderness of vagina. There is burning and soreness in vagina after intercourse. Given when enjoyment absent during sex. There is great prostration after sex.Given when neuralgia of ovaries and vagina are other factors for low sex drive.
Effective medicine for low sex drive in woman. Given when sexual desire completely absent due to uterine pain and bearing down pains.There is soreness of ovaries with rectum.Suited to woman who have low power of concentration and co ordination. There is great prostration, weak, timid.
Useful for aversion to sex due to past history of rape or sexual abuse. Useful for vaginismus, vagina is very sensitive to touch. Useful for ovarian pain , going into thighs , worse pressure or sex. Useful for prolapse with sinking feeling in the abdomen.There is frequent urinary infection , which is worse from intercourse .
Useful for absence sexual desire,especially in hysterical woman. They are moody, emotional , sensitive and easily excited. There is aversion to sex due vaginismus, vagina very sensitive.There is intense pain at the entrance of vagina during coition with burning heat. Useful for sexual desire absent after grief, shock, disappointment , frustration, and worry. Patient is worse after coition,e.t.c