Sometimes we want sex, sometimes we don’t. That’s normal. Every woman has her own level of what is considered “normal” based on their own experiences and biological drive. But when a woman has a low libido or low sexual desire and is bothered by this lack of interest in sex, she may have a condition called hypoactive sexual desire disorder or sexual desire disorder
SYMPTOMS OF HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER
If you want to have sex less often than your partner does, neither one of you is necessarily outside the norm for people at your stage in life — although your differences may cause distress.
Similarly, even if your sex drive is weaker than it once was, your relationship may be stronger than ever. Bottom line: There is no magic number to define low sex drive. It varies among women.
Symptoms of low sex desire in women include:
- Having no interest in any type of sexual activity, including masturbation
- Never or only seldom having sexual fantasies or thoughts
- Being concerned by your lack of sexual activity or fantasies
CAUSES OF HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER
Desire for sex is based on a complex interaction of many things affecting intimacy, including physical and emotional well-being, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle, and your current relationship. If you're experiencing a problem in any of these areas, it can affect your desire for sex.
A wide range of illnesses, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including:
- Sexual problems. If there is pain during sex or can't orgasm, it can reduce the desire for sex.
- Medical diseases. Many nonsexual diseases can affect sex desire, including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases.
- Medications. Certain prescription drugs, especially antidepressants
- Lifestyle habits. Too much alcohol can affect the sex desire. smoking decreases blood flow, which may dull arousal.
- Surgery. Any surgery related to your breasts or genital tract can affect the body image, sexual function and desire for sex.
- Fatigue. Exhaustion from caring for young children or aging parents can contribute to low sex drive. Fatigue from illness or surgery also can play a role in a low sex drive.
Changes in your hormone levels may alter your desire for sex. This can occur during:
- Menopause. Estrogen levels drop during the transition to menopause. This can make less interested in sex and cause dry vaginal tissues, resulting in painful or uncomfortable sex. Although many women still have satisfying sex during menopause and beyond, some experience a lagging libido during this hormonal change.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding. Hormone changes during pregnancy, just after having a baby and during breast-feeding can put a damper on sex drive. Fatigue, changes in body image, and the pressures of pregnancy or caring for a new baby also can contribute to changes in your sexual desire.
state of mind can affect sexual desire. There are many psychological causes of low sex drive, including:
- Mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression
- Stress, such as financial stress or work stress
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- History of physical or sexual abuse
- Previous negative sexual experiences
For many women, emotional closeness is an essential prelude to sexual intimacy. So problems in your relationship can be a major factor in low sex desire. Decreased interest in sex is often a result of ongoing issues, such as:
- Lack of connection with partner
- Unresolved conflicts or fights
- Poor communication of sexual needs and preferences
- Trust issues
HOMOEOPATHY TREATMENT OF HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER
When hypoactive sexual desire is concerned there are many effective medicines available in Homoeopathy , but the selection depends upon the individuality of the patient , considering mental and physical symptoms.
SEPIA : Sepia woman is highly irritable , sensitive, and angry, easily offended and miserable due to weak uterine problems. Low sex drive is due to the relaxation of pelvic muscles, and there is a bearing down sensation as if everything would escape through the vagina. Aversion to coition due to prolapsed of uterus and vagina wall. Frigidity from childbirth after weaning or hormone pills. Nausea and irritability on thought of sex. Great weakness after sex. Aversion to whom she loved best and other family members.
AGNUS CASTUS : Sexual desire almost absent. Sexual thrill absent due to excessive masturbation. Aversion to sex. Relaxation of genitals with leucorrhea. Great sadness , depression. And sexual melancholy. Diminished sexual desire with complete prostration and general debility.
BERBERIS VULGARIS : Berberis vulgaris is suitable to listless , apathetic and indifferent woman . Sexual desire absent due to pain during coition. Cutting, stitching pains during coition. Vaginismus. Vagina very sensitive, pinching constriction in mons veneris , contraction and tenderness of vagina. Burning and soreness in vagina after intercourse. Enjoyment absent during sex. Great prostration after sex. Neuralgia of ovaries and vagina are other factors for low sex drive.
ONOSMODIUM : Onosmodium is another effective medicine for low sex drive in woman. Sexual desire completely absent due to uterine pain and bearing down pains. Soreness of ovaries with rectum. The woman have low power of concentration and co ordination. She has early and prolonged menses. Great prostration, weak, timid. Ofter suffers from migraine headache. Sexual neurasthenia, weariness , tiredness in legs.
STAPHYSAGRIA : Aversion to sex due to past history of rape or sexual abuse. Vaginismus, vagina is very sensitive to touch. Ovarian pain , going into thighs , worse pressure or sex. Prolapse with sinking feeling in the abdomen. Staphysagria patient often prefers solitude. Frequent urinary infection , which is worse from intercourse .
IGNATIA MARA : Sexual desire absent , especially in hysterical woman. They are moody, emotional , sensitive and easily excited. Aversion to sex due vaginismus, vagina very sensitive. Intense pain at the entrance of vagina during coition with burning heat. Sexual desire absent after grief, shock, disappointment , frustration, and worry. Patient is worse after coition,e.t.c