Gonorrhea is sexually transmitted disease, which is caused by (neisseria gonorroea) a gram negative diplococcus, that infects both males and females. Gonorrhea mostlly affects the urethra, rectum or throat. In females, gonorrhea can also infect the cervix.
Gonorrhea is most commonly spread during vaginal, oral or anal sex. But babies of infected mothers can be infected during childbirth. In babies, gonorrhea most commonly affects the eyes.
Abstaining from sex, using condom during while having sex and being in a mutually monogamous relationship are the best ways to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
About 50 per cent of patients are asymptomatic, but some are..
Signs and symptoms of gonorrhea infection in men include:
Signs and symptoms of gonorrhea infection in women include:
Gonorrhea can also affect these parts of the body:
Gonorrhea is caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. The gonorrhea bacteria are most often passed from one person to another during sexual contact, including oral, anal or vaginal intercourse.
Sexually active women younger than 25 and men who have sex with infected men are at increased risk of getting gonorrhea.
Other factors that can increase risk include:
Untreated gonorrhea can lead to major complications, such as:
To reduce gonorrhea risk:
1. Medorrhinum : Very useful for gonorrhe with urethral inflammation havingf burning pain in urethra while urinating.There is offensive smell in urine. In males,there is thin fluid mixed with whitish mucus or yellow purulent discharge appears from the urethra with soreness in urethra.In females,there is thick, acrid vaginal discharge with fishy odor.
2. Cannabis Sativa : Useful for gonorrhea with both watery mucus or purulent discharge from the urethra in males. There is burning, smarting pain in urethra on urinating.There is constant desire to urinate with red, swollen, inflamed glans.
3. Nitric Acid : Very helpful for gonorrhea with yellow-green discharge from the urethra in males.Also useful for discharge which is blood stain.There is Intense pain may be felt while urination.Also useful for itching in the urethra is also marked. Prepuce may be swollen, red with burning pain. The testicles may also be painful, swollen and tender.
4. Rhododendron : Very useful for gonorrhea in males with swollen, painful testicles.There is tearing, pressing, sticking pain in testicle which is worse on sitting and better by motion. There is hardness feeling in testicle which is painful to touch.There is thin discharge from urethra .
8. Sepia : Useful for gonorrhea in females with greenish vaginal discharges. There is profuse discharge mainly after urinating which cause itching of vulva and vagina along with burning pain. Useful for Pain and bearing down sensation in the pelvic region. Also indicated to treat a complaint of painful coition in females.There is bleeding from the vagina after coition.
9. Kreosote : Useful for gonorrhea in females with yellow vaginal discharges which are acrid and corrosive in nature causing much itching having offensive pdour. There is feeling of fatigue and weakness especially in the legs.Also there is frequent desire to urinate is also present.
10. Natrum Mur : Useful for gonorrhea in females to manage complaint of painful coition with burning and smarting sensation in the vagina during intercourse. Useful for Profuse vaginal discharge along with weakness.Useful for acrid,greenish or transparent, watery discharge.
11. Sabina : Most suitable to treat gonorrhea in females with heavy periods. There is profuse bleeding of bright red colored blood mixed with dark clots which increases by Least motion .There is pain from sacrum to pubes accompanied with bleeding.