Diarrhoea is the passing of loose or watery stools, several times a day.It is one of the most common health complaints which can range from a mild, temporary condition to a potentially life threatening one.
CAUSES OF DIARRHOEA
1. Viral or bacterial infection
2. Food poisoning
3. Food intolerance (for example lactose in milk)
4. Allergy to certain foods and medicines
SYMPTOMS OF DIARRHOEA
1. Stomach cramps
3. Abdominal bloating
PREVENTION OF DIARRHOEA
One can prevent diarrhoea by :
• Practising good hygiene; washing hands with soap and water before meals and after using the toilet
• Avoiding unhygienic or improperly cooked food and drinks
• Covering or storing food to keep it away from flies and cockroaches
• Storing leftovers in the fridge and separating raw and cooked food
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT OF DIARRHOEA
Arsenic Album : Usefull remedy for both acute as well as chronic diarrhea. It treats diarrhea resulting due to food poisoning or viral diseases.There is frequent watery stools, burning pain in the digestive tract, frequent thirst for small sips of water, and vomiting.
Podophyllum : Useful for Profuse, gushing, watery diarrhea which is usually not accompanied by pain.There is gurgling and rumbling of abdomen before passing the stools.
Veratrum Album : There is passage of profuse, watery stools that need to evacuate forcibly.There is abdominal pain before passing the stool, fatigue following the stools, sweat and coldness
Aloes Socotrina : There is constant urge to pass stools with the intervals accompanied with flatus, rumbling and gurgling in abdomen before passing the stools with uneasiness and weakness.
Cinchona Officinalis : Useful for summer diarrhoea with sour vomiting. Useful for diarrhoea accompanied by great bloating.