Squint is also known as strabismus which is a misalignment of the two eyes where the eyes do not look in the same direction ie.one eye may not focus on an object someone is looking at. When the patient is looking straight ahead, the other eye may turn either inwards,outwards,upwards or downwards.
CAUSES OF SQUINT
- Weakness of the eye muscles
- Weakness in the nerves in the eye muscles.
- Any type of eye disease like cataract, glaucoma, corneal scars, optic nerve distrophy
SYMPTOMS OF SQUINT
Signs and symptoms vary from mild to severe depending on the underlying cause and duration of the squint.
- One eye or both eyes point to different directions.
- Children can have defective vision in one eye or both eyes.
- Children with squint, sometimes close one eye in bright sunlight.
- Children sometimes experience double vision or confusion in visualization.
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE OF SQUINT
PHYSOSTIGMA - Useful medicine for squint with short-sightedness. There may be profuse watery discharge from eyes with weakness feeling in the eyes.
JABARANDI-Most recommended homeopathic medicine for squint with long-sightedness. Given when eye turns upward and inward.
GELSEMIUM - Very useful medicine for squint with blurred or double vision.Given when eye turns outward when the person is looking sideways and disappears when looking straight. There may be difficulty in opening the eyes.
NATRUM MUR - Useful medicine for squint caused by the weakening of eye muscles.There is pain in the eyes when looking downward.Also given when eyes turn outward.There may be difficulty working in sunlight or bright light.