PREVENTION OF OSTEOPENIA
We can’t always avoid osteopenia. No matter what you do, bone mass decreases over time. There are other natural factors that increase our risk, including:
- Being Caucasian or Asian (osteopenia is more common in these groups)
- Being a woman (osteopenia is more common in women than men)
- Having a family history of osteopenia or osteoporosis
- Beginning menopause early (before age 45)
- Having surgery to remove ovaries
- Having hyperthyroidism
There are some things you can do to lower your risk.
- Stop smoking or using tobacco.
- Avoid or limit alcohol use and drinking carbonated beverages.
- Get regular exercise.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia, can decrease your bone mass.
- Get enough calcium and vitamin D through foods or supplements.
MANAGEMENT OF OSTEOPENIA
Exercise for strong bones.
Weight-bearing exercises such as walking, hiking, and dancing are all good choices.
A balanced diet and regular exercise
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT OF OSTEOPENIA
Osteopenia gets better if we take homeopathy medicines but with the advice of a doctor.
Some homeopathy remedies for Osteopenia are:
Silicea, Symphytum , Calcarea Phos, Calcarea carbonica
Calcarea phosphorica, Phosphorus,e.t.c
OR AS DIRECTED BY PHYSICIAN