Fragile X syndrome its affects the child's learning, behavior, appearance, and health. Symptoms can be mild or more severe. Boys often have a more serious form of it than girls.
Children who are born with this genetic condition can get special education and therapy to help them learn and develop like other kids. Medicines and other treatments can improve their behavior and physical symptoms.
SYMPTOMS OF FRAGILE X SYNDROME
There are several, including:
- Trouble learning skills like sitting, crawling, or walking
- Problems with language and speech
- Hand-flapping and not making eye contact
- Temper tantrums
- Poor impulse control
- Extreme sensitivity to light or sound
- Hyperactivity and trouble paying attention
- Aggressive and self-destructive behavior in boys
Some children with fragile X also have changes to their face and body that can include:
- A large head
- A long, narrow face
- Large ears
- A large forehead and chin
- Loose joints
- Flat feet
- Enlarged testicles (after puberty)
Symptoms are usually milder in girls. While most boys with fragile X have trouble with learning and development, girls usually don't have these issues.
Girls with fragile X sometimes have trouble getting pregnant when they grow up. They might also go into menopause earlier than usual.
This condition can also cause health problems like:
- Hearing problems
- Vision problems
- Heart problems
CAUSES OF FRAGILE X SYNDROME
• Fragile X is a change in a single gene called the Fragile X Mental Retardation 1 (FMR1) gene, usually found on X chromosome.
• Down syndrome
• Repeat in a genetic code
•PKU ( phenylketonuria )
•During Pregnancy -excessive use of alcohol, exposure to poisons in the environment, and diseases such as rubella.
• IQ ( intelligence quotient )
• Neuropsychological history
• Family, developmental, cognitive, and neuropsychological histories
• Screening and diagnosis in utero or during infancy
• Delayed Milestones in the first year of life, like delays in speech and language, are notable, and impairment of fine motor skills.
• Impairment of Language Expressive ability, short-term memory, and problem-solving skills.
• Patient’s (IQ) also is an indicator of the presence of mental retardation (20-70) which could be mild-to-severe
• Patients have many neuropsychological features, including depression, general and separation anxiety, and oppositional defiant disorder.
• Asperger Syndrome
• Marfan Syndrome
• PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder)
• PDD (Rett Syndrome)
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR FRAGILE X SYNDROME
• Ambra grisea
• Anacardium orientale
• Cannabis indica
• Thuja e.t.c